Pages

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Ridley Road and the Quest for Christmas Bunting

I'm making Christmas bunting for the winter fair at my organic community garden where I have a little allotment. Dashed down to Ridley Road market this morning to buy some fabric.

Its such a bonus to have this fascinating market right on my doorstep - going down there is like taking a round the world trip - in less than an hour! It never fails to cheer me up!

The only problem is how to choose? These wax resist fabrics come in 6 metre lengths and though I think they are manufactured in China these days, they are destined to be made up into the fabulous outfits and spectacular headresses that West African woman wear with such flamboyance.

Finally, I went for these two. Figured I couldn't fail to raise Christmas spirits with some red, green and gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment